Views:8 Author:Livia Publish Time: 2019-05-14 Origin:Site
Comparison of ozone and other disinfection techniques.
The disinfection technologies currently used mainly include: ozone, liquid chlorine, chlorine dioxide, and ultraviolet light. The secondary pollution caused by liquid chlorine disinfection and the stimulation of the residual chlorine on the human body have led to the application of other sterilization methods without similar problems. Among them, ozone, ultraviolet light and chlorine dioxide are the most important disinfection methods. The effects and advantages and disadvantages of various sterilization methods are shown in the table.
2. Mature technology
3. Protective residual chlorine
4. Has the ability tocontinue sterilization1.Cheap
5. mature technology
6. Has continuous sterilization ability. Fast bactericidal effect
7. Color removal and deodorant fast
8. Broad-spectrum sterilization, disinfection efficiency is 15 times than that of chlorine disinfection
9. No secondary pollution
1. Invalid for the virus
2. Its oxidative is harmful to the human body
3. Has a pungent odor and damages human skin
4. Invalid for the virus
5. Gaseous chlorine dioxide is a highly toxic compound that is harmful to the human body and has the same carcinogenic secondary pollutants as liquid chlorine.
6. The price is expensive
7. No continuous sterilization ability
8. High requirements for pretreatment of water
9. Weak penetration1.The price is expensive
10. No continuous sterilization ability
11. High security requirements
12. Not suitable for sewage treatment
As can be seen from the above table, ozone is similar to ultraviolet light in terms of the effectiveness of sterilization, but the application range of ozone is wider than that of ultraviolet light. In terms of equipment investment and operating costs, ozone ≈ UV > chlorine dioxide > liquid chlorine. However, according to the overall evaluation of various disinfection methods, ozone is a very good method of sterilization.
1. Better than chemical disinfection method: Ozone as a high-efficiency broad-spectrum non-residue gas disinfectant has special advantages over the disinfectant commonly used in the food industry. Compared with peroxyacetic acid, potassium permanganate, formaldehyde (formalin), sulfur dioxide and other chemical disinfectants, its bactericidal ability is comparable to that of peracetic acid, higher than other disinfectants.
Ozone decomposes itself into oxygen, which does not cause residual pollution. It does not need ventilation and ventilation after disinfection. Conventional disinfection requires ventilation or chemical neutralization, which is troublesome and reduces the disinfection effect. Ozone can directly sterilize or prevent mildew and keep fresh food. It is easy to dry and dry. Ozone sterilization concentration is a very weak oxidative concentration for foods and is not harmful to food.
2. Better than ultraviolet radiation
1) Ozone penetrates everywhere, without dead ends. Ultraviolet light only has a bactericidal effect when it is irradiated onto the surface of the object and reaches a certain level of irradiation intensity. The food workshop is generally tall, resulting in insufficient ultraviolet radiation intensity, especially at a long distance, and the illumination produces a large dead angle, such as the lower part of the processing plate. Ozone is a gas, strong in permeability, good in diffusivity, uniform in concentration, no dead angle
2) Fast sterilization speed. UV irradiation sterilization requires a long period of action, generally more than 6 hours of irradiation, and ozone that meets the standard concentration only needs to be turned on for more than 1 hour.
3) Better sterilization under high humidity. When the relative humidity of the environment reaches 60% or more, the disinfection effect drops sharply. When the humidity reaches 80% or more, the bacteria can be revived. The opposite is true for ozone, the higher the humidity, the better the bactericidal effect. This is due to the thinning of the cell membrane under high humidity and the destruction of its structure by ozone. This property is particularly suitable for the high humidity environment prevalent in the food industry.
4) Has a low concentration cleaning function. When the ultraviolet light is irradiated, the production personnel must leave the site. After the irradiation is completed, the low-power ultraviolet radiation cannot be used for cleaning. When the ozone is disinfected, the production personnel must leave the site. After the disinfection is completed, the amount of ozone can be reduced, and the ozone concentration in accordance with the national health standard can be continued. Keep the air in the production hall clean.
3. Deodorizing and purifying effect is excellent
Ozone relies on its strong oxidizing properties to rapidly decompose organic or inorganic substances that produce odor and other odors, and then deodorizes the odorous root-derived substances into harmless substances. For example: oxidation of ammonia to carbon dioxide and water.
It is mainly composed of raw material gas (compressed air or oxygen) supply system, ozone generator main unit, ozone delivery system, ozone generator cooling system and so on.
The concentration of ozone in the air source can reach 3~6%wt, and the oxygen source can reach 6~14%wt.